- About Us
- Employment Process
Webster Police Department Hiring Process Overview
The hiring process for Police Officers, Police Cadets and Emergency Communications Specialist (ECS) is essentially the same. Entry tests will be administered for Police Officer and ECS positions. The following is a basic overview of the process. This process is subject to change. We ask that candidates utilize the website as much as possible to help answer questions pertaining to employment with the Webster Police Department.
- When a position comes open, whether it be for a Police Officer or a ECS, the Police Department will post the opening on the City of Webster and Webster Police Department websites and in local publications
- Interested persons should apply online at https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/cityofwebster/jobs
- The supervisor from the Police Department's Office of Professional Standards (OPS) will review the applications for qualifications and/or rejection criteria and arrange to issue a Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) invitation; Instructions on how to fill out the packet and when to return it will be included, packets must be completed and returned within a specified timeframe
- After completing the PHQ, the OPS Sergeant will review the information and invite those who meet the qualifications of the position they are applying for in to take the entrance examinations.
- Entrance examinations will be scheduled at pre-determined dates and times, and applicants will be contacted to participate in those tests. Applicants who pass the entrance testing will be scheduled for an in person interview panel (Oral Review Board).
- Oral Review Boards (ORB'S) will then be scheduled; the ORB consists of a structured interview session, a situational reasoning interview session and a general question and answer session.
- Following the ORB candidates will be ranked by score and could be extended a conditional offer of employment pending successful completion of the following: psychological testing, polygraph testing, a physical examination, drug screen and a complete background check, candidates must be willing and forthright in disclosing all required information
- Once all steps are completed the candidate will meet with the Chief of Police and a starting date will be agreed upon
- If a candidate fails any portion of the process then the next candidate in line will be processed
Required Background Documents
Certain documents will be needed from each applicant in order to continue through the process. It is highly recommended that applicants locate and organize these documents as soon as possible. Original documents are required. Once copies are made the originals will be returned except for credit reports
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED
- Official College Transcripts (no copies)
- Valid Driver's License
- Military Discharge Papers (DD-214, if applicable)
- Marriage License
- Divorce Papers
- Sealed Credit Report
- Previous 90 days bank statements
- Basic Peace Officer/ Telecommunications Operator Certificate
- Peace Officer License ( or proof of passing examination)
- Any Certificates and Degrees
If you have any additional questions please contact Sergeant C. Pray at 281-316-4165.