Utility Department Responsibilities
The City of Webster is dedicated to providing residential and commercial customers with a high standard of courteous and effective services. The Utility Department is responsible for establishing and maintaining customer utility rates.
Establishing a New Account
To establish a new account, customers are required to fill out an application that is available at City Hall or online. A deposit is required for each account that is retained by the City and applied to the final bill. A refund will be issued to the forwarding address if the final bill is less than the deposit.
Establish (PDF) a utility account.
Water & Wastewater Rates
Water and Wastewater rates consist of a base rate and a volumetric rate. The base rate is the minimum bill that a customer would receive and is based upon the size of a customer's meter. The volumetric rate is the amount charged to a customer based on usage.
Utility bills are mailed on the last day of the month. Payments are due on the 20th of the following month, or the next business day if the 20th falls on a weekend.
A 10% late fee is applied to accounts with an outstanding balance after the due date. Accounts with outstanding balances at the end of the month receive a yellow door hanger, which is a final notice of disconnection of service for nonpayment. Once service is disconnected, the total balance plus a $20 reconnection fee must be paid before service will be restored.
- In person at City Hall (Cash, check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard)
- Drop box located in front of City Hall (Check or money order)
- Bank draft on the 20th of each month (download Utility Payment Draft Form (PDF))
- Mailed check or money order, delivery must be by due date to avoid late fee.
- Online by Visa or MasterCard.
- Note: A $3 convenience fee is charged for online payments