City of Webster Adopted Codes
2015 International Building Code
2015 International Residential Code
2015 International Plumbing Code
2015 International Fuel Gas Code
2015 International Mechanical Code
2014 National Electrical Code
2015 International Energy Conservation Code
2015 International Property Maintenance Code
1985 Standard Unsafe Building Abatement Code
2015 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- Code of Ordinances
- Report a Violation
- FEMA Preliminary Flood Panels 2013 multi-page PDF
- Contact Us
Forms / Applications
Do not fax any applications.
- Building Permit Application - Commercial (PDF)
- Building Permit Application - Residential (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Building Permit Application - Electrical Work (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Building Occupancy / Utilities Reconnection Application (PDF)
- Fire Alarm / Fire Sprinkler / Access Control Application (PDF)
- Food Dealer's Permit Application (PDF)
- Mobile Food Dealer's Permit Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Right-Of-Way Use Permit Application (PDF)
- Small-Nodes Right-Of-Way Use Permit Application (PDF)
- Parade and Fun-Run Permit Application (PDF)
- Building Permit Fee Schedule Form (PDF)
- Backflow Assembly Test Form (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Impact Fee Schedule Form (PDF)
- Inspection Request Form (PDF)
Applicants are required to apply in person in order to satisfy the need for original signatures, license verification, and payment. We can not accept faxed applications.
Digital File Submissions
The City of Webster Requires Digital File Submissions as Part of The Building Permit Process For All Projects.
Digital files will assist the GIS Division to update and provide more efficient access to spatial data used by City government and emergency services.
2) Projects Requiring Digital File Submissions
Digital files are required for all construction projects, commercial or residential.
3) What to Submit, Two things:
I.) A single, multi-page PDF file for the entire project. This must be an exact replica of the paper copies that are delivered to the City's Building Department. This will enable City Hall staff to re-print at the push of a button.
- PDF pages must be in the exact same order as the hard-copy deliverable.
- If, during the review process, the Building Department requires edits to one or more pages, you must resubmit the entire PDF project with the new pages integrated and the old, outdated pages removed. Do not just send the replacement pages in on a second CD.
- The PDF must be set at the same paper-size as the hard copy printed deliverable. The purpose is to enable page reprints from .PDF without loss of scale.
II.) .DWG AutoCAD file(s) are required for the civil portion of the project only which is the site layout for such things as water, sewer, drainage, parking lot, building footprint, etc. This will enable City Hall staff to overlay and merge new infrastructure into existing GIS data. EXCEPTIONS: If your project is an interior remodel only, then there is no need for AutoCAD files we would just need the multi-page .PDF's. Also exempt from AutoCAD submissions are single-family home developments, only the multi-page PDFs are required.
4) Accuracy Requirements
The data must be a proportionally accurate representation of the construction project, and with a defined scale.
5) When to Submit
The submission of digital files is required as part of the permitting process. Each time paper plan copies are submitted a CD or DVD of digital files must also be submitted with them. The absence of, or inaccurate, incomplete or non-compliant digital submissions will require correction before the City issues a Building Permit.
6) Where to Submit Digital Format Documents
Files should be placed on a CD or DVD and submitted along with paper-copy plans to:
101 Pennsylvania Avenue
Webster, TX 77598
7) What if You Are Unable Submit Digital Files?
In the very rare circumstance that a drawing was done by hand and there are no computerized files, a mapping fee will be charged. This fee will be used to replicate the necessary portions of your paper documents into a digital format.
8) Questions About Digital File Requirements For Building Permits?
Contact Richard Parkin of the GIS Division at telephone 281.316.4132 or email Richard Parkin.